Sunday, September 6, 2009

Shakespeare's Trollop by Charlaine Harris

# Of book read so far this year: 6
Title: Shakespeare’s Trollop
Author: Charlaine Harris
Year Published: 2004
Rating (1-10): 10
Date Finished: 02/05/09
Genre: Fiction, cozy mystery
# Of pages:194
Where did the book come from: Amazon, $6.99 paperback
Series: Lily Bard #4

Blurb: Shakespeare, Arkansas, is home to endless back roads, historic buildings, colorful residents--and the occasional murder. It is also home to Lily Bard, the local karate expert/cleaning woman with a particular knack for finding skeletons in closets. She is a rather private, unusual sort of person who would rather hide in the shadows than be conspicuously involved in a murder case.

But when the local woman of ill repute is found murdered, being familiar with her dirty laundry could make Lily the next Shakespearean to die. This is the fourth in the Shakespeare/Lily Bard series, and by now the character is well known to the readers.

My Comments: I can’t say enough good about this series. I am very sad that there is only one more book in the series, and Harris has no intentions of adding more to it (I asked her). I admire this authors writing skills, as, being a writer myself, I pay close attention to those sorts of things when reading a book. This one is no exception to the rest – it is well written and has a great plot. There is a lot of sub plots that add to the fun, and that includes Lily’s relationship with Jack. I started to read this book more slowly as I got nearer the end because I simply didn’t want it to be over so soon. I didn’t guess the murderer until right before it was revealed (when I’d started to have some niggling thoughts), and love how the author planned it all out so well. It is an excellent mystery with an interesting lead character.

No comments:

Post a Comment